Having a bad breath can cause a lot of embarrassment that sometimes leads to more complicated problems such as anxiety and fear of talking to others, so it is a critical problem that requires a solution as fast as possible. In this article we will provide you with some effective natural ways to get rid of bad breath.
READ ALSO: Gani Fawehinmi’s eldest son dies at 52
Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Bad Breath :
Mint To Get Rid Of Bad Breath :
Mint is known to be one of the most aromatic leafy vegetables which helps in getting rid of bad breath and even giving the mouth a refreshing smell
- You can boil green mint leaves and drink mint tea twice a day
- You can also thoroughly wash 2 mint leaves and then chew on them for 5 minutes then throw them away for an instant refreshing smell.
Fruits And Vegetables :
Eating more fresh fruits and vegetables that contain fiber helps in cleaning the digestive system and eliminating toxins that cause bad breath.
Baking Soda For Bad Breath:
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is one of the most known home remedies for ridding the mouth of bad breath as it maintains its acidity balance and protects it from bacteria that causes the bad odor.
- Put half a teaspoon of baking soda on your toothbrush
- Brush your teeth and tongue with it
- Wash your mouth thoroughly
- Repeat this method every night before going to bed for better results
Drinking Water :
Yes, that simple, drinking plenty of water everyday works to get rid of bad smell and protect against it, simply because it works to maintain the mouth moisturized which helps protect it from accumulation of bacteria and germs that cause bad breath not to mention that drinking plenty of water have many more benefits for the health already.
Parsley For Bad Breath :
We all know that parsley has many benefits for health in general. It is also a great remedy for ridding the mouth of bad breath because it contains chlorophyll, which helps to get rid of bacteria and germs.
- You can drink parsley juice everyday.
- You can also chew a few parsley leaves.
Less Sugar Intake :
Reducing sugar intake can have a major effect on breath smell. So it is advised to avoid eating sugar and to make sure to thoroughly brush your teeth whenever you eat it to prevent both bad breath and tooth decay.
Green Tea :
Another herbal remedy for getting rid of bad breath is green tea as it contains polyphenols that protect against bacteria and germs that might cause a bad smell in the mouth. You can achieve that by drinking boiled green tea every day.
Sage Leaves :
Drinking sage tea everyday helps maintain the health of the mouth and teeth and protects them against bad breath smell.
Vinegar To Get Rid Of Bad Breath:
Gargling vinegar every day has a great effect on ridding the mouth of the bad breath smell.
- Dilute 2 tablespoons of vinegar in one cup of water
- Gargle with it once in the morning and once before going to bed.