The Senate Committee on Constitution Review has recommended the creation of 20 new states.
They also proposed that referendum be conducted by INEC for the 20 new states. The House of Reps also passed for second reading, a bill seeking to allow creation of state police and legalise regional security outfits.
READ ALSO: 9 Ways to Get Rid of Cellulite Fast
Here are the proposed states by the Senate Committee:
– Gongola State from Adamawa
– Mambilla State from Taraba State
– Savannah State from Borno State
-Okun state from Kogi State.
– Etiti State from the South East Zone
– Orashi State from Imo and Anambra states
-Njaba from the present Imo State
-Excision of Aba State from Abia State;
-Anioma State from Delta State
– Torogbene and Oil River States, from Bayelsa Delta and Rivers states
-Bayajida State from parts of Katsina, Jigawa, and Zamfara states
– ITAI State (from Akwa Ibom State)
– State status for the FCT
-Katagum State from Bauchi State
– Okura State from Kogi East
– Adada State from Enugu State
– Gurara State from Kaduna South
– Ijebu State from Ogun State
-Ibadan State from Oyo State
– Tiga State from Kano State
-Ghari State from Kano State
– Amana State from Adamawa
Not a bad idea though.