This quick and easy suya recipe is a spice lover’s dream and can be prepared with minimal effort! Serve with tomatoes and onions as an appetizer or main.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS QUICK AND EASY SUYA RECIPE
If you ask any West African about street food I guarantee they will mention suya. Suya is a savoury, spicy meat served on a skewer in the streets of West Africa.
- This suya recipe is very quick to make because the suya spice is shop bought.
- This recipe is low-carb.
- It’s filled with so much flavour and delicious spices!
WHAT SUYA SPICE SHOULD I BUY?
Most suya spice mixes include ground peanuts, salt, smoked paprika, ground ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, chicken bouillon powder, and cayenne pepper. The most popular brand is Yaji but you feel free to use other mixes with these ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE QUICK AND EASY SUYA
- Preheat oven at 175C/347F. Start by preparing the beef. Chop beef into equal sized chunks.
- Add suya spice to a bowl. You may need to add salt to taste to the suya spice as some do not contain salt.
- Then, coat each beef chunk in suya spice and add them to a skewer (as shown).
- Pat or drizzle oil on the beef and grill for 25-30 minutes or until done. Make sure you turn the beef halfway through.
- Finally, serve with suya spice, tomatoes and onions.
- If you have extra time marinate beef in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- If you want to make authentic beef suya then make the beef chunks thin.
- Serve with onions and tomatoes
- Reserve some suya spice for serving.
Suya is a popular West African spice with savory, smoky, spicy, and nutty flavors. It is usually used to marinate thin meat and is served on a skewer as street food in West Africa. You can make your own suya spice with ground peanuts, salt, smoked paprika, ground ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, chicken bouillon powder, and cayenne pepper or you can buy ready-made suya spice. A popular brand is Yaji suya spice.
Suya originates from the Northern part of Nigeria and has become quite popular all over West Africa as it is very affordable.